Authenticate and Digitally Sign E-forms
Authenticate users. Capture secure digital signatures. Simplify audits and e-Discovery.
Formatta's digital signing technology gives authorized users an intuitive yet secure way to authorize legally binding electronic documents and forms. With it, a user can sign a portion of any e-form (such as a W-4, I-9 or capital request) and route it to other users for signing, continuing through completion of the business process. With Formatta Designer as the authoring tool for e-forms, there is no limit to the number of signatories on a form. The entire form or just portions of the form are locked each time the form is signed, ensuring that it cannot be altered or tampered with.
Users are authenticated and forms are signed and submitted using 128-bit encryption in a manner that supports industry standards such as Active Directory and LDAP. Formatta digital signature is based on PKI (public key infrastructure) encryption technology - this ensures that a certificate of authority issued by a third party that validates the identity of the signer and the signature at time of signature.
With Formatta’s live authentication and digital signature process, your organization can:
- Validate each user against current, verified data – a secure, credentialing process
- Create a consistent forms management methodology, with forms consolidated on a single platform and authenticated using a consistent security protocol
- Simplify auditing and e-Discovery by archiving each signed version of a form in the ECM system – a complete audit trail
- Protect user privacy and ensure data integrity
- Prevent tampering with forms and signatures with industry standard security and encryption
- Take advantage of Formatta only needing a single digital certificate (eliminates the need for costly client-side certificates)